Thursday, October 16, 2008

Busy days

I should be saying, "OK, things are slowing down and we're getting a good routine going." NOPE! We've been running around every day, I don't have a good schedule yet for Ava. The good news, she seems to be OK with everything we do. Well, except that little matter of taking blood for testing. My poor baby cried and cried and cried (I would too). She was poked 3 times in 3 different places trying to get blood and worst of all, they had to "search" for her vein with the needle once it was in!! Ow, ow ow, I was cringing and softly saying "come on vein, come on, hit it, come on." They only got enough blood for one test and I HAVE TO TAKE HER BACK. When we left I was definitely thinking Pat needs to be here, this is too much. I just can't take her back this week, I'll try to have the strength next week. She has an ultrasound Friday. All this is to check whether she has any problems from the tainted formula. We still don't have a surgery date, but Kate, the surgeon's coordinator, is to call soon. Her well baby check is on the 24th and she may need to have all her vaccines again since we've discovered that her immunization booklet is only in Chinese!

The older kids are doing well, Olivia really likes her pre-school and she gets so much one-on-one attention, it's fantastic. Frankie practically got all A's on her report card (way to go!!!) and Connor's report card, well, let's just leave it at "he's an amazing kid and dearly loved." Jesse is working a lot of hours and so is his girlfriend, Jennifer. Hopefully, we'll see them this weekend. Lee likes his classes at Tuft's and is getting to know Boston and has been checking out New Hampshire (I love that state, we have a home there too). Ava's plastic surgeon has offered to maybe set Lee up with a surgery with his (the surgeon's) best friend (he's starting a cleft team in Boston at a hospital affiliated with Tuft's). Lee hasn't decided what his specialty will be, but plastic surgery is on his short list and would love to be in on a surgery. That's it for now.

E

No comments: