In this world of international adoption we have met some of the best people. One such couple recently adopted a little girl with a bilateral cleft that looks a lot like Ava's. They are first time parents and the husband has had to be away for training the last few weeks. During that time their little baby's surgery was scheduled. She had a great repair done by the same surgeon Ava has, but 2 days later she fell and had to have another surgery to try to repair the damage. Then 3 days after that her lip opened completely from nose straight down. This mom and baby have gone through so much becoming a new family, then the surgery and now having 2 more. We know the stress and fear that come with taking care of your child after surgery and I was having a hard time just getting my mind around that the mom was going to have to do this without her husband and was a first time parent, but now, I'm thinking she's one of the strongest mom's I've ever met.
They don't know if this repair will work and she will definitely have to have a lip revision now because the tissue was so damaged. Please say a little prayer for them.
2 comments:
prayers being sent.. I hope the little one will heal. how sad.
If you think your friend would welcome additional support, please feel free to pass my info on to her. My daughter was also born with a bilateral cl/cp and I live in the DC area (MD).
Krista
kdgkmg @ gmail dot com
Post a Comment