Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ava's first Easter











It is incredible to think that at this time last year, we had no idea that Ava even existed. We had put our paperwork in for an adoption maybe a year or so before, and with every update from our agency, we appeared to be losing ground, the time frame just got further and further away. We eventually opted for "special needs", and within a month we got a call about a little girl in an orphanage in Tianjin. We got that call like a bolt out of the blue on April 15, 2008.





Now less than a year later, it is as if she has always been with us, and maybe somehow in spirit she has. Despite being born in a country far, far away she was meant for us and we for her. There is nothing like this experience. What a journey it has been so far and as we celebrate our first Easter together, we figured we would post a few pictures. Thanks to everyone for checking on us from time to time and Happy Easter.


P

1 comment:

Anita said...

Happy Birthday Ava! What a difference a year makes!

Here's a quote we love I'm sure your family will too! ...

"I didn't give you the gift of life, but in my heart I know, the love I feel is deep and real, as if it had been so. For us to have each other is like a dream come true! No, I didn't give you the gift of life, life gave me the gift of you"