Saturday, August 2, 2008

OH NO!!!

After you read my dear husband's entry below, you'll understand a little why I am FREAKING just a little bit. Those of you that know Olivia (understanding, undemanding, NOT) will get why I have to laugh at myself! OMG what was I thinking (a sister for O would be great, an INTROVERTED sister would be great). Ava is apparently EXTROVERTED and gets JEALOUS when someone else is given attention by her caregiver. So now I'm to have two toddlers that will potentially be jealous when I show attention to the other!!! There was a reason I had my kids 8 years apart!!! At my age now, why, oh, why would I WANT 2 kids so close in age that will demand my sole attention and be jealous if one gets it?????

Having FREAKED out a little, I am now calm and I know it will be NO PROBLEM. Really, I can handle it, no, REALLY I can (I just know I can, I just know I can).

OK, I'm done freaking. I am now focusing on how cool it is to learn more about our youngest and am now focusing on the fact that she is almost 3 pounds heavier than the update we got in late May!!!!! Just great, (Freaking out again) I just bought 9 months clothes because she was only 16.75 pounds and now we're getting info that she is 20.75 pounds!!! Which do I believe? Do we stay with the clothes we packed or do we bring more? We shouldn't bring more, we only are allotted 44 lbs in China per person on planes! Oh who cares...if we need something at this point we'll get it in China. I'm sticking with what I've packed!

Ok Ok, I'll focus on her more now. She hasn't had any surgeries. That means she'll look a lot different than the picture we've posted. She's grown so much!! I just hope Angela from Lady bugs in love (which I highly recommend) is actually able to get updated pictures!! That would really be icing on the cake. Well, getting our TA would really be the icing since our 171H expires September 14th!! The USCIS has had our request to renew since July 16 (per FEDEX) and we haven't heard anything like "we need more information" or "you're request is incomplete" or "you need to pay $$$$ before we can consider your request" or anything so we're hoping that means the request is being processed. I'm almost afraid to email and ask. I might get the courage on Monday to timidly inquire but we'll see. The consulate in Guanzhou must have our transmitted update before they will make consulate appointments and apparently, that is a problem right now!!

As McWatt says, "Oh well, what the hell." All I know is that by Christmas 2008 we will have our youngest daughter home and THAT is all that matters!!!

God bless,
E

No comments: