Wednesday, March 25, 2009

NO HOLES!!!!!

Ava at the doctor's office and Olivia at the park


Oh yes, Dr. B said, "Everything looks great, no holes, she can now have soft foods for the next 2 weeks, then back to normal eating and we'll see her in 3 months." YEAH!!!!!! Yes, he actually said NO HOLES, sweet.




On another note, SHE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT LAST NIGHT!!! No kidding! At 4:00 a.m. I woke up, saw the clock, was sooo grateful to have gotten 5 FULL HOURS of sleep, and then...Is she all right? Why didn't she wake up? Could something be wrong? Should I go in and check on her? My mind was a whirl, but that only lasted for a minute and I actually was able to fall back to sleep for another 1 1/2 hours before she woke up. This has been a really really good day!! I just hope this is the beginning of normal sleep for her and not just a one night thing. We'll find out soon enough. Cross your fingers.

2 comments:

Anita said...

GREAT news! so glad there aren't any holes and that she is on her way to healing and sleeping! I know how rough that is on everyone!

Nicole said...

Pat,
Hi! This is Nicole from the Adopt Cleft group! Our Logan had surgery with Dr. Baker the same day as your Ava! We were the 10am surgery! We just had our post-op with Dr. Baker on Friday! NO HOLES! Would love to chat via email! My email address is: waitingfor1more @ comcast.net (remove spaces). We live in Gainesville, VA. Email anytime!

:-)
-Nicole
www.bakerssweets.blogspot.com